Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Norfolk Institute of Director's Spirit of the East, Whisky and Food Tasting Evening


Whisky and Food tasting at Dunston, paired with the ramblings from My mate Dominic 'the Walking Whisky Encycopaedia' Roskrow, and my humble oriental self.
A posting on the interactive, almost academic discussions on the crazy food flavour combinations with its fair whisky partners will be posted soon.
A huge thank you for each and every single one of you who attended the Event at Dunston Hall Last week. I hope I’m not wrong in sensing that a great evening was had by all. I myself, for one, enjoyed it tremendously, and I have been assured by Dominic that the sentiment is shared.

It was very encouraging and motivating for me to see so many delighted faces and hear comments of agreement over the evening. It’s not often that chefs get to have that almost academic interaction between service provider and consumer. I count myself very lucky to have had the opportunity to be part of the event. I can happily say that the interactive event last Wednesday evening was the first of many that I’ll be holding in the future. Kudos to Dominic for proposing the event!
I'll see if Dominic would sprinkle his golden words on this lowly blog....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howard totally inspired me at the IoD Spirit of the East event and stimulated my senses!

I have tried Howards food before, several years ago, and I can still remember the dishes to this day.

Howards food challenges your tastebud boundaries. For anyone into their food, I would certainly recommend his services or going to one of his events.